Role: Band 2 clerical officer (with financial duties)
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Forster Green, Saintfield Road, Belfast
Hours: 25 hrs-9am-2pm
Duration: 9 months
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To provide an efficient administrative and financial support service to social
work staff with the children's residential homes.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Make full use of the IT systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Operate spread sheets, logging all petty cash transactions on a daily basis.
- Opening, closing and recording files information on a 'Files Management' spread sheet.
- Receive telephone calls, deal with enquiries and co-ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment.
- Opening and closing manual/electronic files on all children resident in the homes, in accordance with departmental guidelines contained in Good Management Good Records and Trust Retention guidelines.
- Typing of all letters, forms, reports etc. relating to the upkeep of the homes as required.
- Assist in any compilation of statistical information as requested.
- Upkeep of all office forms and all associated photocopying.
- Upkeep of stock and processing of all stock and non-stock through the e-procurement
- Switchboard duties.
- Facilitation of all internal and external audits of residential homes. Assisting in the implementation and review of any/all audit recommendations.
1. Four GCSE's including English Language (Grades A - C) or equivalent
Have one year's relevant experience.
NVQ Level 11 Administration
2. RSA Stage 11 Word Processing (Parts 1 & 2) OR Equivalent
3. Current full driving licence and access to a car on appointment
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 07/10/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.