Band 2 Clerical Officer with typing duties required on a temporary basis based at Gateway, Belfast
Role: Band 2 Clerical officer
Rate of Pay: £8.66
Location: Gateway , Belfast
- Make full use of the IT systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard
- Be proficient with the use of Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Word packages
- Perform data entry/searches, using the Soscare, PARIS systems
- Receive telephone calls deal with enquiries and co ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of this employment.
- Ensure a high quality administrative service is provided to both external and internal stakeholders at all times.
- Typing and circulation of correspondence, to include letters, reports, forms etc.
- Filing of all letters, memos and reports as necessary.
- Maintain central filing system -Access files on request for Social Work staff, complete tracer cards, also monthly tracer card check.
- Retrieve files from McConnells/track files.
- Upkeep of all office forms and all associated photocopying.
- Monitoring and ordering of stationery.
- Switchboard and reception duties as required.
- Administer the CJSM and EDT mailboxes.
- Ensure that all court Articles are dealt with appropriately.
- Print referrals and upload to Paris
- Operate a petty cash system in accordance with Admin Operational Policy if/when required.
- Ensuring all petty cash processes are adhered to.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with other departments, in a helpful and professional manner to assist in the provision of the service
- Attend mandatory training as required
- Undertake further training if required in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation
- Any other duties
- Employees of the Trust are required to promote and support the mission and vision of the service for which they are responsible and:
- At all times provide a caring service and to treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate their commitment by their regular attendance and the efficient completion of all tasks allocated to them.
- Comply with the Trust's Smoke Free Policy.
- Carry out their duties and responsibilities in compliance with the Health and Safety Policies and Statutory Regulations.
- Adhere to Equality and Good Relations duties throughout the course
- of their employment.
- Ensure the ongoing confidence of the public in-service provision.
- Maintain high standards of personal accountability.
- Comply with the HPSS Code of Conduct.
- Four GCSE's including English Language (Grades A - C) or equivalent OR NVQ Level II Administration.OR Have one year's relevant experience
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of people.
- Ability to prioritise workload, respond effectively and meet deadlines
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 04/11/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.