Band 2 Clerical Officer with typinng duties
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 2 Clerical Officer with typing duties required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 2 Clerical Officer with typing duties
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Provide secretarial services to senior members of staff and the professional team, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc., as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Communication by telephone, written correspondence and possible face to face contact with clients, families or other members of the public in relation to referrals, equipment and service provision (i.e. waiting list).
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system, e.g. Epex, Lcid, Soscare, PACS, etc. in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Maintain and update manual records as required e.g. client and operational filing, photo-coping, absence rates, accident/incident reporting, HR forms, salaries and mileage.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties - dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Maintain petty cash within the department if required.
- Maintain and order adequate supplies of stock/non-stock items through the e-procurement system as required approved by the Consultant Clinical Psychologist.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Consultant Clinical Psychologist /Business Support Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
*One year's experience minute taking.
*(a) 4 GCSEs English and Mathematics (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/ secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages.
*(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English and Mathematics (Grade A*-C).
* In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess Functional Skills ICT Level 2 or OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable.
One years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and email.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.