Band 2 Cook required on a temporary basis for the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
Role: Band 2 Cook
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Location: Belfast, Mater Hospital
Duration: Approx 1 year
- Allocation of work as required.
- Preparation, cooking and chilling of food to the standard required by the Department.
- Checking of meals issued for quantity, quality and appearance.
- Ensuring the correct and economical use of materials and equipment.
- Keeping of Quality Control and Stock Records as required.
- Ensuring the observance of Health and Safety Regulations including Hygiene Policies and Safe Procedures generally.
- Maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Ensuring that goods received are of the correct quality and quantity.
- Training of staff.
- Arrangement of duty rotas if required.
- Control of kitchen linen and laundry.
- Reporting mechanical defects and need for repairs.
- Any other duties which may be allocated from time to time by the Manager/Supervisor.
- City & Guilds 706/1, 706/2 or NVQ 2 Catering Studies
- 3 years paid cooking experience
- 18 years or over
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills
(must be able to provide certificates)
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Leah will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 12th JULY 2019 AT NOON **