Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 2 Driver with Portering duties on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 2 Driver with Portering duties
Rate of Pay: £7.83 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: Approx. 3 Months
- Transferring of Pharmacy items between Hospitals and Community Facilities
- Transfers of Sterile hospital equipment (HSDU) between hospitals and community facilities
- The delivery and collection of internal/external mail between Hospitals and Community Facilities
- Removal of office furniture/ equipment Trustwide
- Transfer of office furniture/ equipment between units Trustwide
- Provide relief cover for passenger carrying vehicles (if holding appropriate licence)
- Drive any vehicle allocated within the limits of your driving licence, in a careful, lawful manner with special regard for the goods being carried
- Schedule deliveries to ensure the most efficient use of resources
- Ensure goods are secure during transit and delivery
- Ensure deliveries are timely and that the focus of your work is on the customer and the delivery of a high quality service
- Carry out other goods delivery work as directed
- Carry out daily routine maintenance of vehicles driven and minor running repairs
- Operate tail lifts where provided after instruction on use
- Compete records relating to any delivery or collection
- Report all vehicle defects or faults
- Portering responsibilities with be those associated with the needs of the Service and include the loading and unloading of vehicles. This may also include the movement of products within building.
- Posses a Full current unrestricted driving licence i.e. out of R plates, for use in UK with category B driving entitlement
- 12 months experience of multi drop deliveries within the past 3 years
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.