Role: Band 2 Support officer
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Location: Ulster Hospital, Dundonald
Hours: 18.75hrs per week (Shift Pattern)
Duration: At Least Three months
- Provide an effective customer service.
- Deal with patients if appropriate in a professional and courteous manner and provide any relevant information required.
- Communicate effectively within the multi-disciplinary team, ensuring that patient's needs are known.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment, which includes monitoring the environment and equipment.
- Ensure effective participation in the patient liaison process including effective management of the process.
- Ensure the Department has sufficient stocks to meet patient and staff needs.
- Use of computer systems to include data input and retrieval of information.
- Taking and relaying messages and information related to patients.
- Dealing with a range of queries.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of patients whilst carrying out duties.
- Answer phones and patient enquiries promptly.
- Photocopying of ED notes for admitted patients.
- Ensure that hospital notes are brought to medical staff for patients and sent back to reception if patient has been discharged.
- Inform the IT Department if any problems with printers of the IT system and reporting problems as urgent. Follow up until response.
- Take details of patients who arrive by ambulance.
- Tidy up noticeboards to ensure compliance with infection control.
- Book transport of patients e.g. NIAS, taxis, relatives.
- Page speciality teams as requested.
- Responsible for checking and replenishing patient information leaflets.
- Tidying nurse's station
- Communicate effectively with patients/relatives/carers respecting confidentiality but ensuring that appropriate information is passed on to nursing staff.
- Provide cover for ED Reception in time of staff shortages.
- Disposing of confidential waste bags.
- Four GCSEs at Grades A-C including Maths and English or English Language (excluding English Literature)
One year relevant clerical experience
- Basic computer literacy skills
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Sunday 27th October 2019.