Band 2 Pharmacy Support Worker required on a temporary basis based in Musgrave Park Hospital.
Role: Band 2 Pharmacy Support Worker
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Summary/Main Purpose
The successful applicant will join the team providing the pharmaceutical service in the Belfast Trust. The person appointed will be involved in the work of the various sections providing the pharmaceutical service and will work under the supervision of the section managers.
- Assisting with the receipt, storage and issue of pharmaceutical products and related clerical duties.
- To undertake the assembly, labelling and packaging of prescribed items and completion of dispensing records.
- Loading pharmacy robot
- Computer input and maintaining appropriate stock levels in a neat, clean and orderly manner.
- Provision of ward top-ups directly at ward level and within the pharmacy department in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures. Participate in the ordering of Intravenous fluids for wards and departments.
- Participate in preparation of Emergency boxes and kits.
- Assist in dispensary receptionist duties to include receiving work, logging details of work on the prescription tracking system and its progress through the dispensary and contacting wards and departments. Assist in the, issuing of prescribed items.
- Assist with the orientation and training of new staff working in the pharmacy e.g. pharmacy assistants, technicians, pre-registration pharmacists, trainee technicians etc
- Assist in the accurate and safe disposal of redundant medicines as appropriate.
· A minimum of 4 GCSE's grade A-C or equivalent to include English Language and Mathematics.
· 1 year experience as a Pharmacy Support Worker in a hospital pharmacy department or hospital pharmacy manufacturing unit or as Pharmacy Assistant in retail pharmacy.
· Hold an NVQ2 Pharmacy Services (or equivalent in Pharmacy Services)
· Excellent communication skills and telephone skills
· Ability to successfully carry out allocated tasks on own initiative
· Ability to work as part of a team with other grades of staff
· Ability to comprehend simple principles underlying tasks
· Attention to detail and accurate
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 12th August 2019