Band 2 Ward clerk
Role: Band 2 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £8.66 per hour
Location: Belfast City Hospital, Belfast
Duration: At least 3 months
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will provide administrative & clerical support at ward level to a multidisciplinary team and work as an integral part of the ward team. Participate in general office duties in accordance with local Policies & Procedures, i.e. filing, faxing, and photocopying and data entry.
- Input & extract information from PAS, Patient Centre & Patient Journey ensuring that information on these systems is accurate & current.
- Provide reports & information from electronic systems to assist medical/nursing staff with patient history & patient tracking.
- Ensure all patients admitted to the wards have been registered & records received in the ward
- Prepare patient records for ward rounds, file all investigations & relevant patient documentation
- On discharge collect charts, file all paperwork & ensure timely preparation of documentation for coding department
- E-mail the relevant department to highlight any ward reviews following discharge.
- Deliver patient's records to the medical secretaries for further transcription
- Contribute to the prompt answering of phone calls
- Use IT Systems available to record and produce work of a consistently high standard.
- Order transport for patients leaving the ward as appropriate
- Liaise with client, staff and departments internal and external to the Trust ensuring the delivery of a full and efficient service.
- Participate in annual review process to enhance Service Delivery & enhance own learning & development
- Attend relevant training sessions as required for the job role
- Deal with day to day queries as appropriate
- Provide cover for colleagues
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the band that may be assigned from time to time
- Arrange interpreters when appropriate
- Order and maintain an adequate supply of stationery
- Report any faults /incidents as appropriate
- 4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration
- A minimum of one year's administrative clerical experience.
And a knowledge of hospital patient centre/patient track systems
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates must be willing to complete a basic/Enhanced Access NI at a cost of £18/33.00 if required
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 17th October 2019 **