Role: Band 3 Administration Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Chichester Street, Belfast
Duration: until at least 31/12/19
- Provide administrative support to the senior professional team.
This will involve:
- typing of reports, memos, letters, forms etc. to a high standard, using a word processing system equipped with Microsoft Office software
- actioning and drafting routine correspondence, enquiries and emails on behalf of officers
- assisting in the design and layout of reports, forms etc.
- organising and maintaining diaries / schedules to arrange appointments and meetings
- organising conferences, workshops, seminars, routine meetings, functions and visits, including liaison with officers and other external individuals and organisations in agreeing dates, times, venues, equipment and hospitality required, organising travel arrangements and preparing relevant papers/files and information for officers/participants/delegates
- in the absence of the Events and IT Support Officer, assisting in preparing meeting rooms and setting up equipment, following relevant health and safety and manual handling policies and in liaison with other NIPEC staff
- attending meetings, taking and preparing notes/minutes
- use of internet to research and obtain information for officers
- Establish appropriate administrative and office management systems to aid effective management of work and support to the senior professional officers.
- Co-ordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for senior professional officers via contracted travel agent following agreed protocol/procedures and in liaison with other the Corporate Services staff in processing procurement requisitions and invoices.
- Use of computer systems and software to include input and retrieval of information and obtaining feedback from stakeholders, eg. online surveys.
- Support the Senior Professional Team and Corporate IT and Information Officer in maintaining, monitoring, reviewing and updating NIPEC's websites and micro-sites using Wordpress and other website platforms.
- Effective use of NIPEC's electronic and manual filing system and the maintenance of files and folders ensuring compliance with agreed relevant policies and procedures.
- Provide assistance and support to other members of the Corporate Services Team, as and when required, and during periods of absence or high activity. Participate in rotas for general administrative duties, including the recording and distribution of incoming and processing of outgoing mail, and responding to general telephone enquiries and voicemail messages.
- Assisting in the production of NIPEC's annual report and other publications.
- Participation in NIPEC working groups as required.
Any other duties as required.
5 GCSEs (Grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent or higher AND one year's administration experience*
NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration or equivalent or higher AND one year's administration experience*
3 year's administration experience*
*Administration experience is defined as experience in an office-based environment to include diary management, dealing with and responding to enquiries, word processing of reports and correspondence and organising, co-ordinating and attending meetings for the purpose of taking notes/minutes.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 29/08/2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.