Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Role: Band 3 Team Administrative assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Belfast
Hours: 16.5 hours (spread over the week)
Duration: At least 3 months
- Make full use of the IT systems available to produce work of a consistently high standard
- Be proficient with the use of access and word packages
- Perform data entry using the PARIS computer system (client records).
- Receive telephone calls, deal with enquiries and co ordinate information in an efficient, courteous and friendly manner
- Ensure quality standards are adhered to in all aspects of employment
Undertake a range of admin support duties, including:
- Typing, and circulation of correspondence, to include invitations, minutes, untoward incidents, etc/
- Note taking/record of discussion at meetings.
- Transcription of communications from Big Hand.
- Filing of all letters, memos, reports etc on a daily basis.
- Archiving and retrieval of records from offsite storage.
- Photocopying of client records as and when required.
- Creation, maintenance and recording of files as necessary.
- Efficient organisation and maintenance of record and information systems and back up systems utilised to ensure up to date information is recorded on files index cards etc
- Archiving and recall of all files in accordance with Trust policy.
- Preparation and collation of statistical information regarding families with social work involvement when required.
- Photocopying/Scanning as required.
- Booking of rooms and sending out invites to meetings.
- Recording of incoming/outgoing mail and ensure mail is distributed and redirected appropriately to relevant staff in a timely manner..
- Maintain adequate supply of stock and stationery, as required.
- Provide cover for other Team Administrative Assistants to cope with workload variation.
- Ensure that work is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Any other duties
- Four GCSEs including English Language (Grades A-C) or equivalent or have one year's relevant experience or NVQ Level 2 Administration.
- OCR/RSA Stage 2 Typewriting (Parts 1& 2) or equivalent
- OCR/RSA Stage 2 Word Processing Parts (1&2) or equivalent
- OCR/RSA Stage 2 Audio Transcription or 6 months audio experience.
- Experience of note taking at meetings.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, etc.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 23rd September 2019.