Role: Band 3 Administration Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Ulster Hospital, Dundonald
Hours: 37.5-8am-4pm (required to work 1 weekend in 7)
Duration: At least 6 months
Post holder will provide administrative and secretarial support in an efficient and effective manner to support the community discharge hub/hospital social work team. The post holder will be required to work flexibly over a 7 day period and participate in out of hours roster. To include working across sites to provide cover as required
- Assist the band 4 with providing an effective admin IT and statistical service to the team
- Process referrals following agreed protocols
- Process required information on a daily basis from hospital systems: such as PJ's, PAS/Patient Centre and Paris to facilitate/support social workers/practitioners to carry out their daily duties
- Co-ordinate daily with practitioners regarding required updates on hospital systems around coding to include delayed discharge activity and date medically
- Update complex discharge data base re: KPI's/outcomes
- data entry on Paris, ECR, PAS, PJ's and other systems - to include registering and discharging of patient records and maintenance of same
- Responsible for data entry on to Alamac system to facilitate band 4 in running reports and statistical returns
- Assist practitioners in the communication with GP surgeries around cover if required as part of discharge process
- Ensure maintenance of records both manually and electronically are accurate and completed in a timely way in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Monitor and communicate on a daily basis with practitioners around information/list received from Care Bureau
- Carry out daily processes around actions required on duty desk and collation of Transitional Care Forms for each referral received
- Taking appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring that effective messaging and "bring forward" systems are in place that the necessary follow up action is undertaken.
- To service meetings as required including the preparation and timely issue of agenda and papers, taking and production of minutes and progression of business
- Be proficient in the use of excel and word packages
- Provide full secretarial support to professional staff
- Deputize in meetings as deemed necessary by line manager
- Maintenance of general filing system in line with Records Management requirements.
- Process eProcurement to ensure sufficient supplies to meet department needs to include ordering of equipment for service user use
- Photocopying and scanning, when necessary
- Assist with reception/telephone duties as deemed necessary by Line Manager.
- Facilitate onward referral to other teams via appropriate IT system/package
- Data entry on IT/databases re: information and activity on interim beds. To facilitate production of daily floor plan and reporting of stats
- Point of contact for all queries and calls coming in to team, ensuring transfer and follow up to professional team
- Collation/production of daily discharge information from hospital social work teams
1. 4 GCSE's including English (grades A-C) or equivalent and two years' experience in an admin/clerical role
NVQ level 2 Administration plus GSCE English (grades A-C) or equivalent and one year experience in an admin/clerical role
3 years' experience in an administrative role
1. Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Power Point
2. Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work efficiently with clients and colleagues at all levels both internally and externally
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 10/10/2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.