Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Administrative Officers required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Administrative Officer x2
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 23 hours 8am-8pm/ 7:30am-7:30pm
- Retrieval and preparation of casenotes for emergency admissions and ED clinics.
- Maintain casenotes of patients whilst in ED ensuring that all items are securely fastened in the casenotes. Maintain an adequate supply of addressographs, in each casenote.
- Filing of laboratory test results, x-ray reports and general correspondence within the casenotes whilst patient is in ED
- Collation of laboratory test results and x-ray reports after discharge from the ward and processing to ensure signed format is filed within the patients' casenotes.
- Ensure an adequate supply of ward admission packs, relevant forms and care plans for the department.
- Daily transfer of casenotes to secretarial offices and/or medical records/other departments.
- Filing of all nursing assessments paperwork following discharge of patient into patients' casenotes.
- Act as first point of contact for all disciplines and visitors to the department.
- Answering telephone queries ensuring that messages are recorded correctly and passed on to the appropriate person.
- Alert medical staff if someone presents at the Reception who is visibly unwell and need urgent medical help.
- Alert Security when a patient becomes disruptive and displays abusive/threatening behaviour towards staff and other members of the public. Also alert security if anything suspicious is seen on the ED Dept CCTV.
- Liaising with GP Surgeries, medical and nursing staff, multi-disciplinary team members, other hospitals, medical records departments re patients' information.
- Frequent communication with distressed patients and relatives.
- Ensuring timely preparation of documentation for coding staff. Liaising with Clinical Coding Department to ensure that clinical coding is completed at the time of discharge from the ward.
- Ensuring patient review appointments are dealt with via the appropriate channel on discharge.
- Booking of ambulance transport for patients on discharge or transfer. Booking of ambulance transport for investigations on other hospital sites.
- Inform Dalriada Doctor of deaths of patients in ED
- Arrange interpreters when needed using correct processes and procedures
- Deal with all hospital enquiries from switchboard during 8pm to 9am.
- Record all admissions, discharges and transfers within the hospital out of hours promptly on PAS, ensuring that demographic details are updated accurately.
- Registration and update of all demographic details for all patients presenting at ED reception / ambulance admissions using PAS and Symphony.
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the band as assigned by the Administration Manager.
- 3 years experience in an office environment to include the use of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office.
- 4 GCSE's (A-C) including English Language or equivalent and 1 years admin experience to include use of computerised systems e.g. Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility in working hours - shift work will apply including working weekends/bank holidays/night shifts.
- For evening/nights applicants must be over 18 years
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.