Role: Band 3 Admin Support (with typing duties)
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
Duration: At least 3 months
- Undertake a range of admin support duties including, making appointments, maintaining diaries, personally dealing with routine items, provision of typing[i] and admin support to senior pharmacy manager
- Co-ordinate and process a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- Organise and prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deal with incoming / outgoing mail and ensure that mail is distributed and redirected appropriately to relevant staff and in a timely manner.
- Arrange and attend meetings, taking minutes, typing and distribution of same.
- Verify invoice prices and also ensure suppliers are adhering to Regional Contracts and Schedules and where applicable current prices are available.
- Take appropriate action to resolve invoice queries and ensuring necessary follow up is undertaken to completion.
- Liaising with pharmacy goods inwards to resolve queries speedily and efficiently.
- To be responsible for requesting and clearing of outstanding invoices.
- To be responsible for requesting and clearing of credit notes.
- To assist managers collate and present information as required, such as presentations, accountability review information and other service returns or reports.
- To produce notification, circulate records, record response from wards and departments pertaining to Pharmaceutical Alerts as directed by the Pharmacy Service Managers or their deputies.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes
- Answering the telephone in a polite and professional manner, dealing with queries and taking appropriate action where necessary.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team. To effectively communicate with hospital staff, clients, patients and suppliers in relation to general enquiries.
- Provides administrative assistance in relation to the CD checks for the RVH and Mater site under the direction of the Pharmacy Service Manager.
- Provides administrative assistance to Pharmacy Team Leaders in relation to organising and co-ordinating the Pharmacy Open Day's and Pharmacy Work Experience.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics in relation to Statutory & Mandatory Training, PCP, PDR, etc.
- Ensure that all systems used both manual and computerised are maintained in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policy and procedure.
- 4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years experience in a clerical / administrative role OR 2 years' experience in a clerical / administrative role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel or equivalent.
- OCR / RSA / GCSE Stage 2 Word processing /Typing (Parts 1 and 2) or equivalent qualification, OR NVQ Level II in Administration and one year's administrative experience OR a minimum of six months word processing experience.
- OCR/RSA Stage II Audio Transcription or suitable experience
- Experience of minute taking.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE *14/09/19*.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.