Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Administrator required on a temporary basis based in Knockbracken Health Care Park
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Duration:3 - 6 mths
The Patient and Client Council (PCC) is a Non Departmental Government Body its' statutory responsibilities include:-
- Representing the interests of the public;
- Promoting involvement of the public;
- Providing assistance (by way of representation or otherwise) to individuals making or intending to make a complaint relating to health and social care for which a body to which this section applies is responsible;
- Promoting the provision of advice and information to the public about the design, commissioning and delivery of health and social care.
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE:
The Post Holder will:
Provide an effective and efficient receptionist and secretarial service to the unit.
Work within a team in a busy environment
Be flexible within job role
Have the ability to deliver the service in a pleasant, confident and professional manner.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Word processing and photocopying duties as required by the Head of Operation and other members of the Operational and Senior Management Teams.
- Manage Diaries and schedule of meetings/events.
- Deal professionally with telephone and face-to-face enquiries from members of the public, staff within the PCC and with external agencies, in accordance with laid down protocols.
- Developing and maintaining filing systems, extracting information from files as and when required.
- Organising meetings including arranging venues, equipment and provisions and assisting in the preparation of the agenda.
- Assist in the compiling of papers for attendance at meetings and ensuring appropriate distribution of the same.
- Attendance at meetings and note taking
- To maintain appropriate spreadsheets and databases; and assist in the compilation and presentation of statistical data using Microsoft Office.
- Receive, record and distribute mail and other correspondence. Deal with outgoing mail and distribute incoming mail for the attention of appropriate members of staff.
- Assist with the ordering and maintaining of office supplies - stock/non-stock
- Make travel arrangements including preparing itineraries and timetables
- To carry out internet searches and download material for Head of Operations
- To create presentations for Head of Operations using Microsoft Powerpoint
- To secure premises and PCC facilities
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION AND TEAMWORKING
- Work with others both inside and outside the PCC to improve the effectiveness of communication and team working
- Maintain proper records and provide information as required
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
- To contribute as an effective member of the wider PCC team and the local office in particular
- To take responsibility for his/her own performance and take action to address identified personal development areas
- To lead by example to ensure that the PCC demonstrates commitment through its culture and actions, for all aspects of diversity in the population it serves and the staff who provide the services.
- Participate in the PCC's Performance Review Scheme.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good staff relationships and morale amongst the team
- Promote the PCC's policy on equality of opportunity through his/her own actions and ensure that this policy is adhered to by staff for which he/she has responsibility.
This job description is subject to review in light of changing circumstances and is not intended to be rigid and inflexible but should be regarded as providing guidelines within which the post holder works. Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the grade may be assigned from time to time by the Head of Operations
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 12th april
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.