Role: Band 3 Assistant Buyer
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Boucher Crescent, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 19th October 2019
He/she will act as an Assistant Buyer within the Stock Management Department
- Be conversant with the Business policies, processes and products of BSO PaLS.
- Maintain a close working relationship with suppliers to reduce lead times, discrepancies and failed invoices.
- Carry out stock receipt discrepancies investigations and implement adjustments in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Be responsible for a stock portfolio of products.
- Raise orders based on the advised re-order level indicated in the Daily Stock check report, making minor adjustment to facilitate pallet order quantities taking account of the daily intake schedule and warehouse capacity.
- Run and action weekly chase reports to expedite stock. Action daily exception reports to minimise stock outs.
- Identify and investigate the levels of non-moving and slow moving stock within your portfolio and take appropriate action.
- Liaise with the Finance department in resolving invoices by use of the electronic FPL system.
- Provide assistance to colleagues as and when required.
- Have at least GCSE Maths and GCSE English (A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate Literacy and numeracy
- Current working knowledge of Microsoft excel and other Microsoft programmes
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 15th August 2019**