Band 3 Assistant Operations Manager/Supervisor required on a temporary basis based in Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Assistant Operations Manager/Supervisor
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
Hours: 30 hrs per week
Duration: To January 2020
Job Summary / Main Purpose
The Assistant Operations Manager/Supervisor will support the Operations Manager in the delivery of high quality patient services which will include Catering, Domestic, Portering, Transport, Security, Laundry, Waste, Car Parking Services, Stores, Caretaking, Accommodation and Contracts. The Assistant Operations Manager/Supervisor will assist in the day to day operational management of services in line with the strategic development of Patient & Client Support Services. The post holder will be expected to deliver high quality service outcomes through the effective and efficient use of resources through the setting of targets and a process of continuous monitoring.
- Coordinate the activities of the service(s) within post holder's span of control as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the service(s) on a day to day basis to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources and report any deviations to the Operations Manager.
- Ensure the delivery of services within the confines of the management control systems for the service(s) in the post holder's span of control.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant statutory legislation, policies and procedures connected with the post holder's span of control.
- Complete staff duty rotas to ensure that a satisfactory level or cover is provided in the event of unplanned absences.
- Monitor the condition of all equipment used throughout the post holder's area(s) of responsibility and ensure that it is adequately maintained and in good working order.
- BHSCT JD / APRIL 2019 Page 2 of 6
- Report immediately any defective equipment to the Operations Manager for repair taking broken equipment 'out of service' immediately.
- Duly report/record any accidents/incidents in accordance with Trust procedures and ensure that any identified follow up action is completed.
- Assist in the identification of cost improvement initiatives or changes in practices which would enhance the quality of services provided and represent efficiencies.
- Set and agree team and individual objectives and establish expected standards of service in accordance with legislative and regulatory standards, for example, food hygiene, environmental cleanliness, waste management and DHSSPS control assurance standards.
- Implement and participate in appropriate monitoring and auditing arrangements for the service(s) managed under the direction of the Operations Manager
- 3 years relevant experience in a support services role at Band 1 or above in a complex organisation
An accredited managerial qualification e.g. Institute of Leadership Management Level 2 or equivalent and 1 year relevant experience in a support services role in a complex organisation at Band 1 or above
- Car User or access to a means of transport that meets the requirement of the post
- A knowledge of managing support services within a complex organisation
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
** PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 04/11/2019 **