Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer required on a temporary basis based in Belfast
Role: Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 Months initially
- Purchasing goods and services in accordance with HPSS procedures to achieve value for money.
- Liaising with and providing assistance to customers on procurement matters
- Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of procurement service.
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with HSCNI Shared Services to ensure prompt payment of suppliers
- Responding to queries from suppliers
- Liaising with BSO PaLs colleagues in all PaLS sites on procurement related matters including the participation in groups(If required)
- Supervision and training of Band 2 Clerical Officer (If applicable)
- Any other duties as required within the band of the post
- Maintain staff relationships and morale among staff reporting to him/her. (As applicable)
- Ensure BSO's Health & Safety policy is implemented
- Apply Organisation policies in relation to staffing issues as laid down in the staff handbook
- At Least 5 GCSE's at Grade A-C or above, English and Maths (Certificates to be provided) OR relevant NQF Level 2 or GNVQ qualification plus 1 years relevant experience.
- 2 years relevant work based experience. This experience should be in a procurement function and is expected to have an awareness of general commercial environmental, in particular, experience to day-to-day operational implications in a purchasing setting. This setting should deal with order placing, expediting, invoice approvals, supplier and customer liaison.
- Ability to maintain and improve services and systems to meet high standards of quality and professionalism
- Ability to maintain and continuously improve Customer service
- Ability to contribute to the successful implementation of change
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to use PC software and business applications
- Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate information to ensure delivery of an effective and efficient service
- Demonstration of Knowledge of a purchasing and supply and/or finance related computerised and e-commerce systems
- Presently studying or be interested in further study for a relevant Professional qualification.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. One of the consultants will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 21st Jan 2019 **