Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer required on a temporary basis based in Ards Hospital.
Role: Band 3 Assistant Procurement Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Ards Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Until 31/03/2020
To assist the Procurement Officer (Operations) in the provision of a value for money procurement service to Health and Social Care (NI) (HSCNI) customers in line with Regulations and ISO 9001 procedures, ensuring Service Level Agreement and Business Plan objectives are achieved. The role is principally concerned with local operational procurement
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Purchasing goods and services in accordance with HSCNI procedures to achieve value for money
- Liaising with and providing assistance to customers on procurement matters
- Operating a PC and computer systems to facilitate the delivery of a procurement service
- Resolving invoice queries in conjunction with HSCNI Shared Services to ensure prompt payment of suppliers
- Responding to queries from suppliers
- Liaising with BSO PaLS colleagues in all PaLS sites on procurement related matters including the participation in groups (if required)
- Any other duties as required within the Band of the post
- A minimum of 5 GCSE's at Grade A-C to include Mathematics and English OR relevant NVQ Level 2 or GNVQ qualification plus 1 year's relevant experience**
Two (2) years relevant work based experience**.
**Relevant experience should be within a general commercial/business environment and could include customer service, retail, clerical, and/or administration work.
- Ability to operate PC software and business applications.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 9th December 2019**