Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Booking Clerk required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Booking Clerk
Rate of Pay: £8.49 per hour
Hours: 37.50 hours Week 1 8:30AM-4:30PM Week 2 9AM - 5PM Mon-Fri
- Receiving incoming direct referral letters and manage with processes set out
- File all referrals according to hospital standards
- Ensure that all waiting list episodes processed in line with protocols to ensure prioritisation (urgent and routine) is timely and notify the Manager where this is not the case
- Ensure that the waiting list management process compiles with the requirements of the cancer access standards
- Fully implement the partial boking process issuing letters to patients and the associated administrative processes
- When selecting / offering appointment dates to patients from the waiting list ensure that they are selected in chronological order
- Work using a Primary Targeting List (PTL) to ensure patients are not offered dates past the guaranteed waiting time. If patients are identified that they have been given a date beyond there, an earlier date should be offered to the patient or if dates by a consultant brought to the Manager's attention
- Calculate capacity for routine patients and commence with partial booking process. Comments should be added throughout the partial booking process so that patients can be removed appropriately
- Remove from the waiting list and notify referrers if patients fail to contact the waiting list after 2 invites have been issued
- Calls into the booking office will be complex, sensitive, contentious or aggressive and you will be required to use your developed interpersonal and communication skills to defuse any conflict. On occasions some calls will be distressing or emotional.
- When the patient makes contact with the Trust ensure that they are given a 'reasonable offer' of a minimum of 3 weeks notice of their appointment and a choice of 2 different times/ dates
- Where appointments are being arranged at short notice, attempts will be made to contact the patient by telephone. Appointment documents will be posted in confirmation
- Assist in the notification of cancelled appointments, notifying the Manager of any shortfall in capacity so that the waiting time guarantee is not breached
- Cancellation of sessions and any capacity problems should be emailed to the manager immediately after notification
- Work with the manager and secretaries to ensure that the patients who have been cancelled are re-dated
- Any other duties required by management
- 3 GCSE's or equivalent include English Language (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- 1 years administrative experience within an office environment which must include use of computerised systems and dealing directly with customer queries
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.