Band 3 Centre Support Worker
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Administrative Assistant required on a temporary basis based at Macmillan Support & Information Centre,
Role: Band 3 Administrative Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Macmillan Support & Information Centre,
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: 31st March 2020
- To provide high quality administrative and secretarial support to support the services of the Macmillan Support and Information Centres.
- Assist in the delivery of information and support under the supervision of the Information Services Manager for people affected by cancer. Maintain high standards of practice and adhere to quality procedures
- Maintain good communication with people affected by cancer and report issues to line manager/centre manager and other members of the multidisciplinary team
- The post holder will be responsible for the coordination of their workload to meet the demands of the post.
- Assist with outreach activities and contribute to Health and well being events throughout the Trust.
- Contribute to presentations at events within the Trust and community settings
- Reception of people affected by cancer to the centre. This includes making them tea and coffee and ensuring that those attending for appointments are marked in the diary.
- Carry out full range of administration and secretarial duties to support the centre's services and management.
- Provide general information and support about cancer and cancer services to enable people to access appropriate information and support.
- Sign post to a range of support services and information and take an approach which helps people to self-manage and navigate the health and social care system
- Triage incoming calls to the centre liaising and forwarding as appropriate.
- Provide basic telephone advice, identifying need and refer on or sign post to other source of support for example Information Services Manager or Centre Manager.
- Make pre planned outbound telephone calls to people affected by cancer in respect of services within the centre.
- As appropriate arrange and coordinate appointments for centre services.
- Report to the Information Services Manager and Centre Manager and respond appropriately when faced with patient deterioration or an emergency situation.
- Guide people through centre services and information resources taking into consideration their holistic needs
- Document and monitor all aspects of service delivery, supporting data collection for audit.
- Demonstrate in practice the values and principles of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
- Organise and prioritise the designated workload in relation to identified needs
- Co-ordinate the handover of tasks with other teams members to facilitate high quality and effective services.
- Support planning, inviting and organising of Health and Well Being events
- Comment on proposed changes to polices, procedures and guidelines
- Support and contribute to audit , governance, research and service development
- Ensure the ordering of necessary supplies in accordance with the Trust's procurement policy.
- Collate information from Centre Services to facilitate delivery of reports as required.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate commitment through regular attendance, efficient completion of duties and participation in department/team activities
- Comply with Centre's strategy, trust policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and codes of conduct
- Contribute to the effective and economic use of resources and the maintenance of all equipment
- Participate in the Trust Personal Performance & Development Review
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Carry out any other duties as required
Four GCSEs at Grades A-C including English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a HSC clerical /administrative / healthcare role
OR 2 years' experience in a HSC clerical / administrative/healthcare role
Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise own workload.
Effective communications skills
Able to use own initiative
Ability to communicate both verbally and non- verbally on a daily basis with people at all levels
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided. Mel or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 24/02/2020