Role: Band 3 Clerical Administrator
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Macular Unit, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours- Rotational shifts between hours of 7:30am and 7pm (also includes occasional Saturday clinics)
Duration: At least 3 months
Job Summary / Main Purpose
The post-holder will be responsible for a range of duties including handling GP and patient
queries for all specialities to managing new booking systems such as partial booking.
Ensuring an adherence to agreed protocols in relation to appointment booking, call
handling and dealing with queries at Outpatient clinics.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
For each of the following, the post holder will;
- Prepping of clinics and printing of patient labels.
- Reception cover, meet and greet patients, checking demographic details and updating on Patient Administration System (PAS) where appropriate.
- Attending clinics on PAS.
- Carrying out appropriate action from Clinic Outcome forms in accordance with the Integrated Elective Access Protocol (IEAP) ie. Booking appointments up to 6 weeks, adding patient to waiting lists, discharging patients, booking ambulance, booking interpreter.
- Make appointments appropriate to their urgency to ensure patients of the same clinical priority are seen in chronological order.
- Ensure all documentation is appropriate and up to date when patients attends the Hospital.
- Ensure clinic capacity is utilised to the optimum level through the close monitoring of all available clinic slots, taking appropriate action where possible in partnership with the clinic co-ordinator.
- Request and print letters, documents, labels and reports using various electronic systems i.e. Patient Centre; PAS, Other Hospital systems and databases for Outpatient Clinics preparation, Validation etc.
- Adhering to General Health and Safety policies and procedures including the transportation & storage of patient case notes.
- To liaise with consultants, GP's, medical secretaries, nurse specialists and other departments and reception staff to make appointments.
- To ensure that when adding patients to the waiting list all referral details are correct as this reflects the Outpatient waiting times.
- Handle all telephone calls in a courteous and pleasant manner. Ensuring all patients are offered appropriate appointments in line with IEAP partial booking guidelines.
- Any other duties which are commensurate with the grade of the post to meet changing circumstances.
- 4 GCSE's at C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification and one year's administrative experience
- NVQ Level II Administration and one year's relevant experience
- A minimum of two year's administrative experience
- Experience working in an outpatients department
- Knowledge of PAS
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 30TH MAY.