Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Clerical Assistant required on a temporary basis based in Antrim.
Role: Band 3 Clerical Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
- To provide support to the team in the day to day administration and management of the department.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- To extract electronic and manual data from relevant information systems as required.
- Collate data from nursing homes and information systems regarding patient flow.
- To act as a central point of contact for nursing homes/ independent sector utilising effective communication skills.
- To present statistical information verbally or in a report format as required
- Arrange and provide clerical support for meetings, including minutes / action note taking, organising venues, issuing and follow up of relevant documentation.
- Establish and maintain filing systems to meet the clerical needs of the team / department.
- Manage daily electronic schedules /diaries as required by the team including arranging appointments and meetings.
- Provide secretarial and clerical services to the team including preparation of files, sorting mail, processing phone calls and annual leave reports.
- Provide general clerical support e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, database use, photocopying, filing etc.
- Assist in arranging corporate events e.g. workshops / conferences/ training manuals / Powerpoint presentation
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised systems.
- Participate in training appropriate to the position
- Participate in data quality exercises to maintain quality of information within the team / department.
- Maintain and ordering stock as and when required.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during period of absence or excess workload.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Maintaining staff relationships, morale and effective team working.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time.
(a) 4 G.C.S.E's (Grade A-C) or equivalent, including Maths and English Language PLUS 1 years clerical / secretarial experience in an office environment including use of computers, data inputting and word processing.
2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages AND GCSE English Grade A*- C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess 2 years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel and Word Processing
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts).
Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable. This must be clearly identified on application form.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.