Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Clerical Officer Central Booking Service required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 3 Clerical Officer Central Booking Office
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 37.5 Hours Monday - Friday
- Receive incoming telephone referrals and process in a timely fashion following departmental guidelines.
- Allocate LILIE numbers if required
- Input Schedules of clinics for service onto LILIE
- Register referrals onto LILIE scheduler and partial book patients, as per Regional/Trust/Departmental protocol
- Assist in the maintenance of waiting list and notification given to the Department Head
- Fully implement the booking process, issuing letters to patients and the associated administrative process.
- When selecting/offering appointment dates to patients ensure that they are in selected in chronological order
- Calculate capacity for different type of clinics and demand for urgent and routine patients.
- Where appointments are being arranged at short notice, attempts will be made to contact the patient by telephone.
- Assist in the notification of cancelled/reduced clinics under professional lead guidance
- Work with the professional lead to ensure that patients who have been cancelled are re-appointed
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system.
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- Maintain efficient and up to date record system in line with Records Management Protocol
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Open, sort and distribute mail for the department
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PfAs.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- In agreement with Locality/Departmental Managers, receive and send e-mails on behalf of the Locality/Departmental Manager.
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other staff or during periods of excess workload.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
- 3 GCSE's to include English (Grade A-C) or equivalent
- 1 years clerical experience in a Healthcare Environment, to include the use of databases
- Equivalent qualifications will be considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.