Band 3 Document Controller required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Document Controller
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Duration: approx. 3 months
Belfast Trust Laboratories (BTL) incorporates laboratories from the Belfast City Hospital, the Royal Hospitals and the Mater Hospital. It is part of the Surgery and Specialist Services Directorate of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust (BHSCT).
The Document Controller for the Belfast Trust Laboratories Microbiology Laboratory is part of an integral part of the Laboratory Quality Team. He/she is responsible for document control and database and spreadsheet management. He/she is to assist the Microbiology Quality Officer in providing a robust quality management service to comply with the relevant accreditation standards.
- The management. reconciliation and archiving of controlled documents, including policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Laboratory Instructions, COSHH and Risk Assessments, forms and guidelines both internally and externally (to regional hospitals).
- Assist with the document control function of the Microbiology Laboratory during external audits by regulatory bodies such as United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and Human Tissue Authority (HTA).
- To manage and coordinate the provision of the quality administrative process to include registering quality incidents for the Microbiology Laboratory.
- The maintenance of the quality, accuracy and content of data held within IT information systems i.e. Q-Pulse 5 and LabCentre to ensure BHSCT Microbiology Laboratory complies with the relevant accreditation standards.
- Tracking the progress of incident investigations relating to document control for the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics and participation in audit exercises as required.
- To maintain personal skills through participation in continuing education including use of Microsoft packages.
- To maintain strict confidentiality and security of all documentation.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Inputting information and analysis of routine and non-routine databases, to include formula, charts and pivot tables, in liaison with the Microbiology Quality Officer.
- Ensuring implementation of BHSCT policies and procedures in the office.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- 2 years recent (within the last 4 years) administrative/ clerical experience with 5 GCSE's (A-C) including English Language & Maths.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Office. Knowledge of a range of administrative procedures
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be flexible and adaptable to working in a changing environment
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team, and on own initiative.
- Ability to prioritise workload and to work to tight timescales.
- Experience at minuting meetings and taking delegated actions forward.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 28th June 2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.