Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Driver with caring duties on a temporary basis based in Antrim.
Role: Band 3 Driver with Caring duties
Rate of Pay: £8.49 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday - Friday
Duration: Approx. 3 Months
- Collect and convey clients/patients (including the aged, physically handicapped, epileptics, psychiatric, blind etc.,) to Trust Adult/Day Care facilities.
- Carry out daily routine maintenance of their vehicle and minor repairs (including checking fuel oil, water levels and topping up as required, tyre pressures, vehicle cleaning, changing punctured wheels etc.)
- Convey clients to centres, for educational classes, outings, luncheon clubs, etc,
- Operate tail lifts on vehicles where provided, after training.
- Complete any records in relation to the performance/usage of the vehicle per journey e.g. miles travelled, petrol used, oil replaced, patient/clients carried, loading etc. The information required would vary with the type of vehicle and will be subject to change in the light of development.
- Daily completion and monthly return of vehicle log sheets.
- Secure clients travelling in wheelchairs with the recommended restraint device.
- May include some Portering duties
- Any other duties required by management
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Must have Cat D unrestricted driving license & CPC Card
- Five GCSE's (including GCSE English Language and GCSE Maths (Grades A-C)
- Equivalent qualifications to demonstrate literacy and numeracy
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions