Role: Band 3 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Ards Community Hospital
Duration: At least 3 months
- Word processing /producing reports/working on computer systems.
- Contribute to the Trust's overall Financial Governance Framework.
- Sorting and responding to mail/emails as appropriate.
- Ensuring Financial Information is processed in accordance with policies and procedures within prescribed timescales.
- Plan workload to ensure all scheduled financial timetables are met.
- Receipt and lodgement of large volumes of cash/coin and cheques.
- Liaise with staff and clients at all levels in the Trust.
- Investigate queries from a range of stakeholders and provide assistance and information to both financial and non-financial people as required.
- Maintain and assist with various reconciliations of control accounts.
- Assist compliance with Public Sector Prompt Payment Payment Policy.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Maintain Filing System.
- General office duties such as photocopying/faxing/ scanning.
- Input, process, monitor and validate information effectively in a timely manner ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- Order stationery.
- To participate in the Trust's Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
- Any other general tasks or projects within the remit of the band.
- Candidates must have 4 GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths and English and one year's relevant experience working with computerised financial systems in a busy finance office.
- ECDL Advanced Level or in depth experience and knowledge of Microsoft Packages including Word and Excel or equivalent.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 15/07/19.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.