Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Information Assistant on a temporary basis based in Ballymena.
Role: Band 3 Information Assistant
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 37.5 hours
Duration: ASAP - temporary
Communication and Collaborative Working
The post holder will:-
- Work closely with the Senior Information Standards and Data Quality officer on work which comes into the Dept
- Responsible for monitoring the email accounts for Information Standards and also the Clinical Coding Team and directing emails to the appropriate member of each team.
- Responsible for monitoring the Helpdesk for the Information Standards team and also the Clinical Coding Team. This will include logging new faults, liaising with appropriate team member on current query progress and publishing approved queries on the Sharepoint site.
- Responsible for providing current and new codes for Northern Ireland Consultants which are requested by Trusts.
- Arrange meetings - Send calendar invites, book venues, distribute papers prior to meeting
People management and development
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and staff throughout the organisation to ensure achievement of organisational objectives and the effective functioning of the information directorate.
- Participate in the Health and Social Care Board's Performance Review Scheme and proactively seek out development opportunities.
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff consistent with effective decision making, whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- Support the Information Standards and Data Quality Manager in the long term planning of the team's objectives.
Good level of keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
Have experience of planning and organising meetings which may involve many stakeholders.
The applicant must also show examples in their application form of how they meet the following skills and personal attributes:-
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Excellent keyboard skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Ability to work on own initiative and effectively prioritise own work to meet deadlines
Ability to absorb complex issues and use logic to solve problems
Organised and methodical
Enthusiastic and motivated
Creative & Flexible
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.