Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Medical Laboratory Document Controller required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 3 Medical Laboratory Document Controller
Rate of Pay: £8.49
Duration: 4 Months
- The management reconciliation and archiving of controlled documents, including policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Laboratory Instructions, COSHH and Risk Assessments, forms and guidelines both internally and externally (to regional hospitals).
- Assist with the document control function of the Microbiology Laboratory during external audits by regulatory bodies such as United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and Human Tissue Authority (HTA).
- To manage and coordinate the provision of the quality administrative process to include registering quality incidents for the Microbiology Laboratory.
- The maintenance of the quality, accuracy and content of data held within IT information systems i.e. Q-Pulse 5 and LabCentre to ensure BHSCT Microbiology Laboratory complies with the relevant accreditation standards.
- Tracking the progress of incident investigations relating to document control for the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Assist in the production/collation of statistics and participation in audit exercises as required.
- To maintain personal skills through participation in continuing education including use of Microsoft packages.
- To maintain strict confidentiality and security of all documentation.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Inputting information and analysis of routine and non-routine databases, to include formula, charts and pivot tables, in liaison with the Microbiology Quality Officer.
- Ensuring implementation of BHSCT policies and procedures in the office.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- 2 years recent (within the last 4 years) administrative/ clerical experience
- 5 GCSE's (A-C) including English Language & Maths or equivalent.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 22/11/2018.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.