Band 3 Oncology Support Worker required on a temporary basis based in NI Cancer Centre Belfast City Hospital
Role: Band 3 Oncology Support Worker
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: NI Cancer Centre Belfast City Hospital
Duration: at least 4 weeks
- To provide administrative support to the Haematology Service Manager and effectively plan/contribute to her day through good diary management, scheduling of meetings, accurate minute taking, processing of incoming and outgoing mail and being point of contact.
- To type and process all letters using audio typing, word processing and e-mail as required.
- Organise and prioritise the designated workload in relation to identified needs.
- Act as a reference point for all internal and external enquiries relating to the department and ensure necessary communication is maintained in a timely manner with the Haematology Service Manager, Haematology Assistant Service Manager and the Haematology In-patient Service Manager.
- Effectively use Trust wide computer technology in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology strategy to establish good data collection processes for all projects being undertaken
- Collate data and provide reports to support and contribute to audit, governance, research and service development
- Provide support to Haematology Service Manager in data collection, audit and reports and other duties as necessary.
- Maintain a high standard of service including good time keeping in the workplace as required to meet the needs of the service
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in line with current legislation and policies within the department
- Demonstrate in practice the Macmillan Human Rights Standard for Cancer Care
- To undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the Haematology Service Manager, Haematology Assistant Service Manager and Haematology In-patient Service Manager
- Generic managerial responsibilities both within an operational and strategic context.
- Carry out administration duties appropriate to the role
- Assist in the planning, inviting and organisation of health service events as deemed necessary.
- Collate required information from team members to allow senior manager to prepare reports
- Demonstrate commitment through regular attendance, efficient completion of duties and participation in department/team activities
- Comply with, trust policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and codes of conduct
- Contribute to the effective and economic use of resources and the maintenance of all equipment
- Participate in the Trust Personal Performance & Development Review
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Carry out any other duties as required
· 5 GCSEs including Maths and English, Grade A-C or equivalent qualifications and 2 years administration experience in a health care setting
o NVQ level 2 in Administration or equivalent qualification and 2 years administration experience in a health care setting
· Working knowledge of computer systems including Microsoft Office and databases
· Good communication skills with people at all levels
· Ability to work as part of a team and to relate to senior members of staff
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Effective organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
· Ability to meet deadlines
· Ability to use computer for typing of reports, collation of data - or willingness to undertake training to gain competency
· Understanding of patient centred care
· Experience of multi-disciplinary team working
· Willingness to undertake learning and development courses as appropriate to the post
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 09/11/19.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.