Band 3 Personal Secretary
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Personnel Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
- Provide secretarial services to a Senior member of staff / professional team, including organising and maintaining diary/schedule to arrange appointments and meetings.
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc to a high standard, as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Prioritising and carrying out word-processing duties to a high standard.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system.
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails.
- Maintain and update manual records as required, e.g. client and operational filing, absence rates, salaries and mileage.
- Routine filing and maintaining an efficient filing system.
- Telephone duties-dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Maintain petty cash within the team if required.
- Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Collecting and collating statistical information as required in line with targets and PfAs.
- Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post.
- Maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- Participating as required in assessment and training of staff.
- Provide administrative cover as required during the absence of other staff or during periods of excess workload.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by Manager to ensure the needs of the department are met.
(a) 4 GCSEs to include English Language (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment
(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment AND GCSE English Grade A*-C
*In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess:
OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award
RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent. Holders of RSA/OCR examinations after September 1986 must have passed both Parts. Part qualifications are not acceptable. This must be clearly identified on application form.
One year experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and e mail.
Equivalent qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.