Role: Band 3 Personal Secretary
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: HSCB, Linenhall Street, Belfast
Hours: 18.75 hours (spread over 5 mornings Monday-Friday)
Duration: Until 31/03/2020
The post-holder will provide full secretarial and administrative support services, requiring a high degree of initiative and diplomacy, to Social Care staff within the Social Care and Children's Directorate.
The post-holder shall also provide secretarial and administrative support to the Northern Childcare Partnership.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The efficient organisation and management of Officers' diaries and E-mail. This will include the use of computerised diary software.
- To deal with the receipt and distribution of correspondence, reports, faxes, e-mail; dealing with sensitive correspondence.
- To maintain an efficient filing manual and Electronic filing system.
- Word processing and typing as required, including correspondence, the compilation of agendas, papers and reports. This may include audio word-processing. Use of available graphics packages to produce presentations.
- Receive and deal with telephone communications as appropriate.
- The post holder will provide Powerpoint presentations and be expected to create Excel Spreadsheets when requested.
- Provide administrative support for projects as requested.
- Input and retrieval of data from manual and electronic systems and presenting in a format requested to assist in the analysis of data .
- Assistance in the provision of statistical information as required.
- Organise meetings, conferences and workshops including preparation of papers, arranging venues, notifying attendees, attend meeting and take minutes. Follow-up action where necessary.
- Make appropriate travel and organisational arrangements as required.
- The post holder will be expected to travel to other Offices in both HSCB and DOH to carry out administrative duties as and when requested by Line Manager.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality of information in line with current legislation.
- Working as a member of the administrative/secretarial team providing cover for colleagues as required.
- To support the HSCB in meeting its obligations under Risk Management by adhering to the controls assurance standards identified in the Risk Register.
- GCSE Maths and GCSE English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
2 A Levels or equivalent or higher qualification
1 year's experience in an office environment
18 month's experience in an office environment
ALSO, RSA Stage II (both parts) typing or word processing or equivalent or 1 years' word processing experience.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted. To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 13/09/2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.