Band 3 Personal/ Team Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Whiteabbey Hospital, Newtownabbey
Role: Band 3 Personal/ Team Secretary
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Location: Whiteabbey Hospital, Newtownabbey
- Type reports, memos, letters, forms etc., as required from manuscript, audio and notes using a word processing system or through digital dictation.
- In addition as a member of a secretarial/clerical team, the post-holder will be required to provide clerical support to other members of staff within the department.
- Arrange and provide administrative support at meetings including minute taking and issuing of relevant documentation (at base or other locations as required).
- Open, sort and distribute all mail to the department.
- Take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow-up action is taken as well as appropriate reception duties.
- Liaise with outside agencies and other disciplines, dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Communication by telephone, written correspondence and possible face to face contact with clients, families or other members of the public in relation to referrals, equipment and service provision (i.e. waiting list).
- Input and retrieve appropriate information from computerised system, e.g. Epex, Lcid, Soscare, PACS, etc. in line with the Trust's Information Management and Technology Strategy.
- Manage email account which will include the sending and retrieval of emails and using a Multi-Functional Device (MFD).
- Maintain and update manual records as required e.g. client and operational filing, photo-coping, absence rates, accident/incident reporting, HR forms, salaries and mileage..
- Telephone duties - dealing with departmental queries which will include taking and passing on clear and concise messages and obtaining and passing on information.
- Maintain petty cash within the department if required.
- Cash handling including petty cash and lodgements to the bank if required.
- Provide cover as required for other clerical staff during periods of absence or excess workload.
- Develop, maintain and update spread-sheets and databases using the Microsoft Office suite.
- Participate in training appropriate to the duties of the post maintaining staff relationships and morale.
- In agreement with the Consultant Clinical Psychologist, receive and send emails on behalf of the Consultant Clinical Psychologist if appropriate.
- Maintain confidentiality within and without the workplace at all times.
- Through his/her own actions ensure adherence to the Principles of Equality and Human Rights legislation.
- Any Other duties as required
- One year's experience minute taking.
- *(a) 4 GCSEs English and Mathematics (Grade A*-C) or equivalent AND 1 years' clerical/ secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages.
(b) 2 years' clerical/secretarial experience in an office environment to include the use of the Microsoft Office suite of packages In addition to (a) or (b) applicants must possess Functional Skills ICT Level 2 or OCR Text Processing (Business Professionals) Level 2 Award or RSA Stage II Typing/Word Processing (both parts) or equivalent.
(c ) One years' experience in the use of ICT. This should include the use of word-processing, spreadsheets and email.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment..
- Ability to work as part of a team and to relate to senior members of staff.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Records Management and Information Governance.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of computer programmes.
- Understanding of patient confidentiality and rights.
- Understanding of data input and required retrieval and outcomes.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria and be available to work in Belfast.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 05/12/2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.