Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Musgrave Park Hospital
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week
Duration:3 - 6 mths
Required to provide a full range of secretarial support to the Risk and Governance team. He/she will be expected to prioritise workload and time schedules to ensure the provision of efficient and prompt diary management, support for committee(s), data input onto the Datix system, quality assurance of incident information, processing of correspondence and other issues/information relating to the services provided by Risk and Governance.
1. To provide efficient and effective diary management for senior managers, including preparation of all pre-meeting materials in a timely and accurate manner.
2. To type letters, memos, reports etc from direct notes as required, making full use of computer packages.
3. To provide secretarial support for committee(s) within the Medical Directorate including scheduling, agenda preparation, minute taking, compilation of committee action plans and maintenance of all other committee records.
4. To process and record adverse incident information ensuring efficient and effective data input onto the Datix database.
5. To carry out efficient and effective data input and any other administrative functions for other Datix modules as required.
6. To approve contacts, quality assure incident information and code incidents accurately adhering to local Datix procedures.
7. To follow up on incidents as appropriate (including further processes in relation to, for example, incidents reported externally, major/ catastrophic/ extreme incidents) and update records in line with Datix procedures.
8. To take appropriate action in relation to mail, telephone and other enquiries ensuring effective messaging and 'bring forward' systems are in place and necessary follow up action is taken.
9. To process training course requests using the TAS system.
10. To provide secretarial support in the timely preparation of training course materials.
11. To provide administrative support for requests for information internally and to external organisations
12. To provide administrative support and follow up for the range of services provided by Risk & Governance, for example, Controls Assurance, BRAAT and NIAIC.
13. To research, collate and present information and reports as required.
14. To assist in the maintenance and updating of the departmental Intranet site.
15. To maintain strict confidentiality and security of all documentation.
16. To develop and maintain satisfactory electronic and hard copy filing systems and extract information as necessary, including the development of 'BF' (diary) systems for the Risk & Governance office.
17. Develop, maintain and update spreadsheets and databases using Microsoft Office suite.
18. To order office materials and ensure maintenance of office equipment as required, maintaining records as appropriate.
19. To comply with established office procedures and participate with updating same as and when required.
20. To provide secretarial support for the Risk & Governance management team to ensure an efficient and effective service at all times including absence of team colleagues due to annual or sick leave.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Fri 15th Feb
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.