Band 3 Site Support Officer required on a temporary basis based in BSO HSC Leadership Centre, Belfast
Role: Band 3 Site Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Hours: 37.5 per
Duration: At least 3 months
- Opening and locking up of the site. The post holder may also be required to work after 6.00pm on occasions to cover late bookings.
- Keyholder (2nd callout) and Fire Officer cover for the Leadership Centre site.
- Ensure the buildings, grounds and car park areas are tidy and fit for purpose, including seasonal outdoor work i.e. salting, planting, watering and pruning, as required.
- Carry out routine maintenance duties as required, e.g. heat sources, light, power, facilities, office equipment, etc.
- Under the direction of the Business Manager, maintain the organisational asset register including Audio/Visual and IT.
- Setting up site facilities for daily use including the placement and removal of tables, chairs, exams tables, audio-visual, sound, conferencing equipment etc as required. This would involve frequent moderate effort to move furniture, equipment etc.
- The maintenance inspection of all areas and reporting defects or damage to buildings and site to the appropriate staff.
- Liaise with the BSO Facilities Management contractors and any other 3rd party contractors on site regarding repairs and maintenance, as required
- Perform regular assessments on site facilities including multi-medias, sound systems, cameras. Liaison with BSO ITS as required regarding IT equipment.
- The ability to problem solve faulty equipment, interpret operational manuals and establish the best solution for problem to present to management.
- The ability to work independently with routine supervision.
- 11 .Any other duties as may be required to meet the needs of the service.
- Hold a certificate at NVQ/City and Guilds level 3 or equivalent in a
Have 18 months' relevant experience*
- 2. Demonstration of working under own initiative.
- This post will require journeys to various locations within BSO, therefore candidates must be in possession of a full current driving licence (valid in the UK) and have access to a car at the closing date or have 'access to a form of transport, which allows the applicant to undertake the duties of the post in full (* This refers to any applicant who has declared that they have a disability which debars them from driving)
- Excellent communication skills and able to deal tactfully and diplomatically with the public
- Able to work as part of a team.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 22/11/19.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.