Band 3 Stores Person
Role: Band 3 Stores Person
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Duration: At least 3 Months- from 10/6/19
Responsibility for the daily receipt, inspection and documentation of all stock received. The store of goods in an efficient and effective manner. Ensuring stock replenishment is undertaken promptly and accurately. Ensuring the correct stock levels are maintained.
- Responsible for the acceptance and coordination of deliveries in to the store.
- Daily receipt, issue and inspection of all items within the store.
- Raising of purchase orders of stock/non stock items to meet the needs of the service.
- Identify and investigate the levels of non-moving and slow moving stock and take appropriate action.
- Use of computer system to input data i.e. stores transactions in a presentable and accurate manner in accordance with Department procedures.
- Liaise with Finance in stock checking activity in line with Audit requirements and PaLS policy.
- Ensure stock is replenished in line with agreed procedures.
- He/She should be able to perform her duties without supervision.
- Keep managers informed of any difficulties in relation to stores transactions.
- Ensure that all areas of the store are in a clean and tidy condition and free from obstruction.
- Adhere to safety at work regulations, C.O.S.H.H, manual handling and any codes of practice or procedures that may be introduced.
- Maintain security of the stores at all times and ensure the safe custody of all stock items.
- To maintain effective working relationships with all suppliers external to the Trust, maintaining appropriate communication networks.
- Liaise with PaLS, Contracts Section and Administration Manager to ensure efficient utilisation of stock, the accuracy of pricing, completion of estimate returns and supplier performance.
- Liaise with the Finance Department in resolving queries on invoices.
- Must carry a full UK driving licence as the duties will require the Stores Person to travel to between stores within the BHSCT to provide cover and assist with audits etc. This criterion will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Three years Estates Services Department experience
- Have 5 GCSE's including English and Maths
- Have 12 months stores experience
Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Databases and IT Systems.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 15/05/2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.