Band 3 Support Worker
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Support Worker required on a temporary basis based in Belfast City Hospital.
Role: Band 3 Support Worker
Rate of Pay: £8.90
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.5 per
Duration: 1 month
- Reception of people affected by cancer to the centre. This includes making them tea and coffee and ensuring that those attending for appointments are marked in the diary.
- Carry out full range of administration and secretarial duties to support the centre's services and management.
- Provide general information and support about cancer and cancer services to enable people to access appropriate information and support.
- Sign post to a range of support services and information and take an approach which helps people to self-manage and navigate the health and social care system
- Triage incoming calls to the centre liaising and forwarding as appropriate.
- Provide basic telephone advice, identifying need and refer on or sign post to other source of support for example Information Services Manager or Centre Manager.
- Make pre planned outbound telephone calls to people affected by cancer in respect of services within the centre.
- As appropriate arrange and coordinate appointments for centre services.
- Report to the Information Services Manager and Centre Manager and respond appropriately when faced with patient deterioration or an emergency situation.
- Guide people through centre services and information resources taking into consideration their holistic needs
- Document and monitor all aspects of service delivery, supporting data collection for audit.
- Demonstrate in practice the values and principles of the Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
- Organise and prioritise the designated workload in relation to identified needs
- Co-ordinate the handover of tasks with other teams members to facilitate high quality and effective services.
- Support planning, inviting and organising of Health and Well Being events
- Comment on proposed changes to polices, procedures and guidelines
- Support and contribute to audit , governance, research and service development
- Ensure the ordering of necessary supplies in accordance with the Trust's procurement policy.
- Collate information from Centre Services to facilitate delivery of reports as required.
- Maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate commitment through regular attendance, efficient completion of duties and participation in department/team activities
- Comply with Centre's strategy, trust policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols and codes of conduct
- Contribute to the effective and economic use of resources and the maintenance of all equipment
- Participate in the Trust Personal Performance & Development Review
- Participate in staff induction, training and other learning as required
- Carry out any other duties as required
- Four GCSEs at Grades A-C including
- English Language and Maths or equivalent / higher qualification AND 1 years' experience in a HSC clerical /administrative / healthcare role
- 2 years' experience in a HSC clerical / administrative/healthcare role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel and Power point
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level. A person's criminal record will not in itself debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 20/03/2020