Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Ward Clerk required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Ward Clerk
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
- Face to Face and frontline work on open and PICU wards with patients with complex needs and/or displaying behaviour, which is constant, repetitive, challenging and demanding. Using our developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Typing reports for Ward Manager, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Medical staff when covering for medical secretary
- Assist the medical secretary with typing of discharge letters and diagnostic coding on Epex.
- Provide cover for the band 4 medical secretary.
- Photocopying and preparing induction information for Junior Doctors when covering for medical secretary.
- Photocopying notes as requested by Governance.
- Filing for Occupational Therapists and Social Workers
- Pulling charts and requesting charts from other Trusts and Directorates for admissions.
- Printing labels with barcodes for medical files to assist with digital dictation.
- Take notes at PIPA meetings
- Print labels from Epex for all inpatients for bloods etc.
- Making up new charts and new ICP folders.
- Provide statistical information which includes providing the number of daily occupied beds on a weekly basis. Providing the number of patients who receive ECT and how many treatments each patient received both on a monthly basis and on a quarterly basis.
- Take part in any relevant training programme.
- Recording of patient appointments dental, citizen advice, patient family meetings, x-ray etc. Relaying information to relevant staff member as and when required to do so. Recording of information and appointments in ward diary.
- Booking of trust translator for patients on the ward as and when required using the trust proper format
- Liaise with all new patients G.P to obtain up to date medication lists and medical history and inform G.P of patient admission by phone and e-mail.
- Liaise with patients and staff for occupational therapy department patient sessions.
- Liaise with community mental health teams to request up to date risk assessments and last clinic letters for Consultants when required. Any other information or requests required from the community teams by phone and email.
- Type letters and fax information as and when required for the ward based Consultant, Ward Manager, Doctors and nursing staff.
3 GCSE's (Grade A-C) to include English Language or equivalent.
2 years clerical/secretarial experience
Equivalent qualifications considered
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.