Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Ward Support Officer required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 3 Ward Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £8.49 per hour
Hours: 37.50 hours Monday - Friday
- Ordering and maintenance of ward stock and supplies (including TSSU, Laboratory, stock and non stock requisitions)
- Under the direction of the Ward Sister/ Charge nurse Co-Ordinator Agency/ Bank shifts and maintain all necessary paperwork
- Collating off duties and other administrative paperwork as requested by ward sister/ charge nurse
- Management of wards sisters diary including a brought forward system for staff appraisals and clinical supervision
- Order and maintain records for equipment such as special mattresses and beds as directed
- Assist the ward team to deliver effective care, for example printing off patient lists for, ward rounds, social services, phlebotomists, PAMS, Chaplains, etc.
- Order patient transport as requested
- Supporting the ward sister/ charge nurse in general administration such as photocopying and issuing correspondence
- Maintain notice boards and health information racks
- Responsible for secure maintenance of ward administration records
- Recording of patient moving by competing daily bed state and updating PAS as required
- Support the ward sister/ charge nurse in liaison with Bed Manager regarding potential empty beds and transfers
- Assist nursing staff in preparing for patient admissions - (bed area and provision of necessary paperwork)
- Issue information to patients and carers regarding follow up appointments as appropriate
- Liaise with catering staff regarding special diets and daily catering requirements as required
- Work with ward sister and team to ensure that patients nutritional needs are met
- Assist in ensuring safe- keeping of patients belongings and valuables in accordance with agreed policy and maintain an accurate nursing record
- Liaise with nursing staff regarding patient enquiries
- Liaise with support services teams to ensure ward hygiene and cleanliness is maximised
- Support the ward sister/ charge nurse in the completion of patient satisfaction surveys and audits of hygiene, nutrition and other areas of care identified by the ward sister
- Co-operate in maintaining a safe environment through adherence to all infection control and ward hygiene procedures.
- Deal continuously with members of the public and the multidisciplinary team
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment to the works and maintenance and sister of the ward.
- Any other roles, as required by management
- 5 GCSE's or equivalent include English Language (Grade A-C) and one year's clerical / care experience
- NVQ (Admin and Care) Level II and one year's clerical or care experience
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.