Band 4 Admin Officer
Role: Band 4 Contracts Admin Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: Until March 2020
Job Summary / Main Purpose
The post involves providing support within the Performance & Planning Department. Working within the Contracts Team the post holder will support the preparation of Service Contracts with a range of Provider Organisations, the presentation of information on activities to monitor Service contractual arrangements and the maintenance of systems set up to enable the smooth running of the Department. As part of the wider Performance & Planning Department this role will also contribute to planning projects as required.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Participate in and contribute to the preparation of policies and procedures relating to the regulation of contracts across all Programmes of Care.
- Administration of annual Contracts with Service Providers.
- Design and upkeep of spreadsheets to record issuing and receipt of Contracts.
- Updating filing system with contracting documentation received from Providers.
- Provision of planning support in specific Services as required.
Development and Innovation
- To contribute to planning and service design teams if required.
- To represent the Contracts Department, as appropriate, on both internal and external groups.
- Co-ordination of negotiation meetings, correspondence, Contracts documentation and invoicing arrangements as appropriate.
- Participate fully in Contracts Department meetings and other groups or projects as required.
Communication and Information Management
- Liaison with contracted Providers in relation to the provision of documentation and monitoring information requirements.
- Liaison with other Trust Directorates to provide information and reports as needed in respect of contracting activity.
- Prepare, present and analyse information using a range of formats, e.g. text, tables, graphs, etc.
- Liaise with contracted Providers to ensure the provision of timely, accurate and concise confirmation when required.
Financial and Budgetary Management
- Assist Service Planning and Finance colleagues with queries re: Contracts and support staff in Service and Budget Agreement negotiations.
- Support Planning & Contracts Managers in ensuring that services delivered by contracted Providers are value for money.
- Assist Planning & Contracts Managers in putting processes in place to maintain accuracy in Provider payments arranged to be paid through Finance colleagues.
- Assist in the coordination of all returns required by the Commissioner including high cost cases.
Management and Development
- To maintain good relationships within the team.
- To promote the corporate values through participation, development of relevant policies and procedures.
- To identify training needs through training needs analysis and bring to the attention of Line Manager.
- To participate in performance review arrangements.
HNC/HND or equivalent/higher qualification and 1 years experience working within a Planning, Contracts or Information environment
4 GCSEs at Grades A-C including English or English Language (excluding English Literature) and Mathematics or equivalent/higher qualification AND 2 years experience (1 year of which must be at Band 3 level or equivalent*) working within a Planning, Contracts or Information environment.
3 years experience working within a Planning, Contracts or Information environment.
*1 year of Band 3 Agenda for Change or equivalent pay-band
- Demonstrable high level of IT literacy, including the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 19th September 2019.