Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Business Support Officer required on a temporary basis based in Ballymena
Role: Band 4 Business Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
- Provide personal secretarial and clerical services to the Head of Information & Records and Assistant Director, Informatics including preparation of files for meetings, sorting mail, assisting with management of workload, information gathering and dissemination, completion of travel claims and other forms, ordering stock and non-stock, co-ordinating building maintenance.
- Manage diary/scheduler including arranging appointments and meetings.
- Maintain an up to date filing system, in line with records management standards
- Service working groups and committees including the provision of agendas and papers, taking minutes, preparing action lists and documentation processing.
- Prepare memoranda, letters, reports and presentations
- Use Trust-wide and departmental computer technology in line with the Trust's Information and Communications Technology Strategy.
- Manage brought forward and resource loans systems
- Provide relief cover for Head of Information & Records/Assistant Director's Personal Assistant and administrative assistance to the Information Governance Manager /Information & Records Manager
- Maintain personal training records for those who report directly to Head of Information and Records
- Assist with maintenance of corporate information system, for example, co-ordinate the systematic review of the email address book details with managers and users and highlight changes which should have been notified by managers
- Provide sickness information to Finance Department and assist managers in adhering to the Trust's Managing Attendance Policy.
- Assist senior staff with tasks which are of an administrative nature, for example, preparation of training materials
- Maintain logs of staff leave, sick leave, and special leave and update personal training records.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade as may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants must possess:
2 'A' Levels (or equivalent)
PLUS 1 years' experience in administration in a work environment
5 GCSE 'O'Levels (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths at Grade C or above
PLUS 2 years' experience in administration in a work environment
In addition to above applicants must possess:
- 1 years' word processing experience or possess RSA/OCR Stage II Word Processing or RSA/OCR Stage II Typing or equivalent
- 1 years' experience of at least one other desktop application e.g. spreadsheets, database or presentation
 Administration is considered to comprise at least two of the following:
- Secretarial duties
- Diary management
- Organisation of meetings / events
- Filing system maintenance
- Servicing committees / groups
- Document / record control
- Data analysis and presentation of information
Candidates must demonstrate that at least 50% of the work undertaken during the period being cited as experience constitutes 'administration' as defined above.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.