Band 4 Developer Technician
Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Developer Technician required on a temporary basis based in Belfast City Centre
Role: Band 4 Developer Technician
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Belfast City Centre
Duration: 5 months
- Provide ICT services as part of a specialist ICT services or project team
- Proactive monitoring of Infrastructure and Application services
- Technical support services for Infrastructure such as desktops and mobile clients, servers, operating systems, storage, networking and domain services (DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, etc.)
- Development, configuration and support of databases
- Develop and Modify software as directed
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and equipment.
- Carry out Business and Data analysis
- Testing and Review of products and solutions
- Network and Security services such as TCP/IP network equipment and software, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.
Quality & IT Service Management Best Practice
- Participate fully in BSO quality initiatives particularly those involving ITS and specifically the application of ISO 20000;
- Assist the Service Manager to ensure any ICT Services operational documentation for which they are responsible for is kept up to date.Financial and Resource Management
- Assist the Service Manager with the planning of delegated budgets, deployment of financial resources and personnel in a timely manner to meet planned milestones and timetables;
- Support the approval processes for ICT expenditure, including input to business case development, gateway reviews and project evaluations;
- Support the monitoring and review of support contracts and service level agreements for ICT solutions and services.
People Management and Development
- Delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the appropriate staff within his/her control consistent with effective decision-making whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results;
- Plan, allocate, monitor and evaluate work carried out by staff reporting to him/her;
- Participate as required in the selection and appointment of staff reporting to him/her in accordance with procedures;
- Take such action as may be necessary in disciplinary matters in accordance with procedures laid down;
- Promote equality of opportunity through his/her own actions and ensure that policy is adhered to by staff for which he/she has responsibility.
- Complete all line management responsibilities in relation to staff contracts, requests and maintain accurate information on the HR, Pay, Travel and Subsistence system (HRPTS)
Participate in team meetings and contribute to service improvement related to your service area
- GCSE Mathematics & English (Grades A-C) OR equivalent qualification to demonstrate literacy and numeracy OR higher qualification
2 x A Levels equivalent OR higher qualification
At least 1 year's relevant experience*
- At least 18 months relevant experience*
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of staff will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 25/03/2020.