Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Directorate Secretary required on a temporary basis based Musgrave Park Hospital
Role: Band 4 Directorate Secretary
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
Duration: At least 3 months
The post holder will provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to the Orthopaedic Senior Management Team, Clinical Director and to the Chairman of Directorate Committees
- To provide a secretarial and administrative support to the Orthopaedic Management and Nursing Team as required in an efficient, effective and confidential manner.
- Manage the Orthopaedic Management Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Management Team and all hospital staff, General Practitioners and staff of outside agencies ensuring follow up and resolving any problems as appropriate.
- Responsible for arranging meetings both internally and externally and communicating necessary details to attendees.
- Minute taking at all team meetings and delivering accurate information obtained to attendees in a confidential manner.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritising queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- Responsible for general housekeeping e.g. stationary ordering including specialist ward stationary, requisitions for furniture, equipment.
- To report faults and ensure servicing of equipment
- Participate in meeting and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
- Responsible for inputting and maintaining live NMC Mentor Register (in conjunction with QUB) and production of monthly reports to Ward Managers.
- Collate information and prepare papers for weekly management complaints meeting and taking forward agreed actions.
- To participate in Quality Assurance exercises as required
- To ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- To record and update the complaints status, liaising with the Complaints
Department and updating the information held on the Orthopaedic tracker is accurate.
- Provide supervision of staff including monitoring and recording sickness levels, annual leave and maternity leave etc.,
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as
required. Provide line management support and supervision of staff thus
maintaining a high standard of service to Consultants and the wider team.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of staff, planning and organising of cover during absence, absence management and staff appraisal as required.
1.RSA / OCR Stage II Text Processing Part I and Part II (Word Processing/Typewriting) or equivalent.
2.Four GCSE's Grade C or above (to include English Language) or equivalent. and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience*.
NVQ Level 2 in Administration and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience*.
3 year's secretarial experience* and GCSE Grade C or above in English Language or equivalent.
AMSPAR and 2 years secretarial/administrative experience*.
*one year's experience must have been in a Health and Social Care setting.
- Audio typing qualification or audio typing experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Effective Planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Previous experience compiling and producing clear and accurate documents, reports and letters.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with officers of various grade and professions.
- The flexibility to work in a changing environment.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Previous experience in providing a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to a Senior Management Team, Clinical Director and to the Chairman of Directorate Committees.
- Previous minute taking experience
- Previous nursing administration experience eg: rota collation, NMC revalidation tracking
- Previous experience in staff management
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 24/10/19.