Band 4 Executive Officer required on a temporary basis based in NIMDTA headquarters, 42 Beechill Road , Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Executive Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: NIMDTA headquarters, 42 Beechill Road , Belfast.
Hours: 37.5 Hours
Duration: 6 Months
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsibility for the organisation and provision of administrative support to the Associate Directors for GP Specialty Training, this will include diary management and preparation of reports, confidential minute taking and briefings.
- Administration of MRCGP processes in line with the requirements of the GMC.
- Responsible for the updating and maintenance of the GP database in relation to MRCGP to enable the production of reports for the GMC and the GP Specialty Training Directors on the outcome of each stage of training.
- To provide administrative and secretarial support to the General Practice Specialty Training Programme and associated staff to include linkage between; GP Trainees, GP Trainers, Programme Directors, Associate Directors and the GP Director.
- Updating and maintaining the GP Trainer and Trainee electronic systems to include the following: GP Trainee OOH training records, the GP Trainee educational and employment contracts, recording sickness, maternity, paternity etc and updating NIMDTA HR with this information.
- To assist in the GP Specialty Training Allocations Process. Responsible for administrative and secretarial support to GP Trainees and Trainers in the area of E- portfolio including Internal Quality Assurance process for all GP Trainees, Preparation for ARCP panels and updating post information
- To provide administrative and secretarial support in the accreditation / re-accreditation of GP Training Practices to include: the organisation of Practice Visits, recording and updating the GP Trainer Accreditation database, monitoring and reporting on the approval status of GP Trainers and planning a suitable visit timeline
- To provide administration and secretarial support of GP Trainer courses including - Cell based learning and Learning & Teaching: Recording attendance, preparation of course materials as required, administration of financial documentation of all core day and day release courses and post course administration
- To provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the Associate Directors. To attend national GP meetings as required. To deliver formal presentations at national administration meetings as and when required. To attend Specialty Training courses to provide administrative support when required. Administration of the GP Trainer development grant.
- Two A-Levels or equivalent qualification OR higher qualification AND 18 months' relevant experience*
A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience*
* This experience should be administrative experience in an office environment.
- Experience in use of Microsoft office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- Ability to maintain and improve services, systems and customer service to meet high standards of quality and professionalism.
- Ability to ensure a high level of accuracy in own work.
- Ability to plan ahead and work to deadlines, including prioritisation of own workload and that of others.
- Ability to manage, analyse and evaluate information to aid effective decision making.
- Ability to plan, allocate and evaluate work for staff and self.
- .One years experience in an administrative role
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 18/11/2019.