Band 4 Finance Officer required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Approx 1st November 2019
The post holder will have the following responsibilities
- Ensure financial information is processed in accordance with procedures, in order to provide information for statutory returns, through completion of own work & through the coordination of the work of others
- Assist with the preparation & completion of statutory/HPSS accounts & returns, ensuring that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements, interpreting these where necessary
- Investigate complex financial enquiries, providing assistance & advice as required
- Provide advice to patients, clients regarding e.g. charges, as required
- Responsible for the daily management of a finance team e.g. payroll, financial accounts, as required
- Ensure that work is completed in line with timetables and legal requirements, interpreting these where necessary.
The post holder will
- Work within policies and procedures where work is managed rather than supervised
- Have knowledge of a range of work procedures and practices, majority non routine, and an intermediate level of theoretical knowledge
- Have a detailed understanding of accounting procedures (reconciliation and balances, VAT payments and deductions, finance computer systems and ledgers, coding structures, payroll agreements and procedures, budgetary control, costing and commissioning, capital, governance.)
- Have knowledge of legislation as it affects own finance area, which may be acquired through formal training /experience.
- At least an NVQ level 4 or equivalent qualification and two years Finance experience, one of which should be at Band 3 level or equivalent.
- Five GCSEs Grade A-C (or equivalent) to include Maths/Accounts and English and three years' experience in a finance environment, one of which should be at Band 3 level or equivalent.
AND Experience of using computer systems in a working environment
- Good communication skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to plan workload and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to supervise staff.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with all officers within and external to the Trust.
- Needs to hold a current driving licence
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leah or a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Sunday 5th August 2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.