Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Finance Officer required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Finance Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Hours: 20/25 Hours a week
Duration: 3 months initially
- Assist with preparation of monthly budgetary statements for budget holders
- Assist with provision of financial information and production of monthly budgetary control
- Candidate should have proficient skills in Excel to include using Excel Functions including V-lookup/Advanced Formulae and Pivot Tables
- Assist with co-ordinating, planning and managing the Financial Management processes and tasks to meet the monthly reporting requirements and timetables.
- To work with managers and finance colleagues within the Trust to ensure accurate budgetary control information is provided.
- To liaise with, and meet with, senior Trust staff in order to assist with their understanding of budgets or to assist with any related enquiries.
- To produce appropriate reports for managers to aid the corporate decision making approach.
- To deal with ad hoc reporting and enquiries as required by senior finance managers and other senior Trust staff.
- Assist in co-ordinating, planning and managing the annual budget build process.
- Assist with the processes and procedures used in the Financial Management function to meet, maintain and monitor ISO standards and facilitate best working practices.
- Assist with the day to day functions of the Financial Management office.
- To maintain appropriate record keeping within Financial Management to support processes and satisfy audit requirements.
- Assist in ensuring that any internal or external audit recommendations in respect of Financial Management are considered and, where agreed, implemented.
- Liaise with various staff, both internal and external, in respect of costing and contracting, adhering to deadlines and responding to queries.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and staff throughout the organisation to ensure achievement of Trust objectives and the effective functioning of the finance directorate.
- To delegate appropriate responsibility and authority to the level of staff within their area of responsibility, consistent with effective decision making, whilst retaining responsibility and accountability for results.
- An HNC/D (finance related) or equivalent, plus 1 year's suitable relevant experience in a Finance Department.
- NVQ level 3 plus 2 years suitable relevant experience in a Finance Department.
- 2 years recent suitable experience in a Finance Department at Band 3 or equivalent.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Trust which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven track record of having worked with a range of stakeholders.
- A thorough working knowledge of financial systems and computer software applications, and an ability to utilise them to their full potential.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 4th FEB
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.