Band 4 IT Service Desk Analyst
Role: Band 4 IT Service Desk Analyst
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Belfast City Hospital
Hours: 37.50 hours Monday - Friday
Duration: Until January 2020
- Complete tasks assigned by the Service Desk Team Leader, ensuring that these are carried out in accordance with appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring that appropriate quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Work as a member of the Service Desk function for systems support, which will include technical trouble shooting and ensuring that the appropriate technical solutions are applied at all times.
- Work as a member of the Service Desk Team in order that the team delivers a prompt and knowledgeable service to keep any downtime of ICT equipment and connectivity to the network services, to a minimum.
- Manage user expectations in accordance with relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Trust priorities.
- Participate in the operation of the service desk system within the service desk team. This will include the completing assigned incidents and work requests, ensuring that relevant protocols and procedures are adhered to and any incidents and work requests assigned to other Service Groups and/or third parties are followed up and closed in a timely manner. The service desk analyst will work to ensure that response time and resolution time objectives are met as defined in appropriate SLAs.
- Attend training sessions in the use of the service desk system and ensuring that all appropriate documentation is maintained and there is ongoing compliance with all HSC and Trust policies and procedures.
- Comply with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures for data security and confidentiality, in order to preserve the integrity of all trust information and prevent the unauthorised access to Trust information systems. The post holder will liaise with other sections and departments as necessary in the reporting and managing of security incidents.
- Participate in Working Groups and Project Teams as required by the Service desk leader.
- Assist as required, in the specification, procurement and installation of hardware and software.
- A computer related qualification - degree/HND level or above plus one year's relevant experience in providing IT support. OR Two years experience in providing IT Support.
A working knowledge in all of the following:
- A working knowledge in Microsoft Office (e.g. 20013/2016/0ffice 365)
- A working knowledge in E-mail Services (Exchange) and Internet Access Configuration
- A working knowledge in Microsoft Windows (e.g. XP/Vista/Windows 8.1/ Windows 10)
- A working knowledge in Active Directory
- A working knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- An ability to develop and present ideas.
- Hold a current UK driving licence
Knowledge of ITIL Best Practice in relation to ICT Service Support.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 13th September 2019.