Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Litigation Officer required on a temporary basis based in Belfast.
Role: Band 4 Litigation Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Duration: 2 months pending review
- Support the legal claims process in compliance with court process and through application of the Pre-Action Protocols for Clinical Negligence and general litigation claims.
- Ensure prompt receipt of correspondence received from Plaintiff's solicitors and referral of same to the Trust's external legal services providers.
- Ensure that documents required for Discovery are provided promptly.
- Collate such information as will assist the Trust's Legal Services Manager and Assistant Medical Director (Clinical Negligence) in determining the validity of a given claim.
- Seek information/documentation from appropriate staff within the Trust in relation to ongoing claims and verify content of same before referring onwards to the Trust's external legal services providers.
- Ensure that all files in the post-holder's control are kept under regular review so that information is forwarded to the Trust's external legal services providers in the shortest time possible and that proactive measures are taken, in keeping with the Department's Escalation Policy, to obtain information when it is not forthcoming.
- Act as point of contact in arranging consultations for Trust staff with external legal services providers - solicitors and barristers - in relation to cases that are approaching hearing.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent and 1 year's secretarial/administrative experience at Band 3 level or equivalent
3 years' secretarial/administrative experience within the last 5 years at Band 3 level in the HPSS.
- RSA Stage II Typing or RSA Stage II Wordprocessing, or equivalent qualification.
- English Language GCSE O Level (Grade A-C)
- Experience of arranging meetings/consultations and of taking minutes at same.
- Excellent organisational skills, including a high level of accuracy and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and a member of the team will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE 18/01/2019
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.