Band 4 Litigation Officer for Musgrave Park Hospital
Role: Band 4 Litigation Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.20 per hour
Location: Musgrave Park Hospital, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Support the legal claims process in compliance with court process and through application of the Pre-Action Protocols for Clinical Negligence and general litigation claims.
- Ensure prompt receipt of correspondence received from Plaintiff's solicitors and referral of same to the Trust's external legal services providers.
- Ensure that documents required for Discovery are provided promptly.
- Collate such information as will assist the Trust's Legal Services Manager and Assistant Medical Director (Clinical Negligence) in determining the validity of a given claim.
- Seek information/documentation from appropriate staff within the Trust in relation to ongoing claims and verify content of same before referring onwards to the Trust's external legal services providers.
- Ensure that all files in the post-holder's control are kept under regular review so that information is forwarded to the Trust's external legal services providers in the shortest time possible and that proactive measures are taken, in keeping with the Department's Escalation Policy, to obtain information when it is not forthcoming.
- Act as point of contact in arranging consultations for Trust staff with external legal services providers - solicitors and barristers - in relation to cases that are approaching hearing.
- NVQ Level 4 or equivalent and 1 year's secretarial/administrative experience at Band 3 level or equivalent
- 3 years' secretarial/administrative experience within the last 5 years at Band 3 level in the HPSS.
- RSA Stage II Typing or RSA Stage II Word processing, or equivalent qualification
- English Language GCSE O Level Grade A-C)
- Experience of arranging meetings/consultations and of taking minutes at same
- Excellent organisational skills, including a high level of accuracy and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Kathryn will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Monday 9th December 2019