Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Medical Secretary required on a temporary basis based in Antrim
Role: Band 4 Medical Secretary
Rate of Pay: £9.83 per hour
Hours: 30 Hours Monday - Friday
- To provide Secretarial and admin support to consultant medical staff
- Take minutes at meetings when required
- Manage the consultants. Team diary to ensure effective time management
- Act as point of contact for all forms of communication
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives , hospital staff and general Practitioners
- Type and process clinic and discharge letters
- Transcribe audio material for all patient related correspondence generated from outpatient clinics in patient tray and resulting queries
- Ensure smooth running of outpatient clinics
- Deal with incoming correspondence via post, telephone, email, and fax
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as required.
- Provide cover for staff during Sick and annual leave
- Effective communication with admin and clinical staff to ensure accuracy and consistency of data systems.
- Locating of case notes within and outside the department as required
- Compose Correspondence on behalf of Consultant and medical staff relating to patient results, appointments, admissions, and general advice
- Organise follow up appointments by use of computerised systems
- Use IT skills as applicable to produce reports, lecture text, presentations, research documents, etc for work being undertaken by medical staff (e.g. Powerpoint, spreadsheets) set up and maintain databases
- Provide GP or health care professionals clinical information regarding patients e.g. regarding prescriptions (dosage, transcribing eligible writing etc)and on patient management from handwritten outpatient notes
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance on waiting list management issues to administrative and clinical staff.
- Any other duties as required by management
- AMSPAR Medical Secretaries Diploma
- 2 years experience as a medical secretary or team secretary
- 4 GCSE's (Grade A -C) to include English (or equivalent)
- 2 years medical secretary experience in a healthcare setting
- RSA Stage II Typing/ Word Processing
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.