Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's recruitment partner of choice for Admin, clerical and Support Services.
Band 4 Medical Secretary required for RVH
The post holder will provide a comprehensive secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants, their teams and the Clinical team within an assigned Service Group.
-Providing administrative support to Pediatric Gastro Intestinal department.
-Answering phone queries.
-Answering consultant queries/ requests.
To provide a secretarial and administrative service to Consultant Medical Staff or group of Medical Consultants and their teams as required ensuring efficiency in-patient care.
- Manage the Consultants/Team diary to ensure effective time management.
- To act as a point of contact for all forms of communication between the Consultant, patients, relatives, all hospital staff, General Practitioners and their staff and outside agencies.
- Effectively deal with telephone calls from patients, relatives, hospital staff and General Practitioners and other individuals or organizations, taking messages, ensuring follow-up and resolving any problems as appropriate
- To type and process clinic and discharge letters using audio dictation, and/or word processing methods as required, and ensure all follow up actions are completed in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence as required, providing information, directing and prioritizing queries as appropriate, to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- To maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of standard verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- To liaise with other departments as required both internally and externally to the Trust e.g. other Hospitals, General Practitioners.
- Manage Waiting lists in line with standards and protocols as required.
- To manage the tracking of patient records in accordance with local policies and procedures.
- Participate in meeting and take appropriate action in line with service provision.
- Record and process referrals on the appropriate IT system and undertake checks in line with service protocols and procedures.
- Maintain and record information in relation to statutory procedures and notify appropriate Authority.
- To participate in Quality Assurance exercises as required
- To ensure that relevant Trust Risk Management and quality assurance policies and systems (including clinical governance and controls assurance) are adhered to.
- Supervise the day-to-day priorities of the admin support team and delegate duties and responsibilities effectively and ensure distribution of workload is fair and equitable.
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff to the department as
Required. Provide line management support and supervision of staff thus
Maintaining a high standard of service to Consultants and the wider team.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 7th Feb 2019.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.